Saturday, December 31, 2011

Winter Fruit

A couple of days ago Eric and I went grocery shopping together. While he was finding pepperoni for a cavatini recipe, I was in the produce section.

I walked over to the small berry section. Of course there were $4.00 per ounce blueberries and $7.00 per pound strawberries.

And then I saw cherries.

For $3.99 a pound.

I love cherries. Fresh cherries. I don't like cherry anything else. No cherry candies or pie or cheesecake or medicine. But fresh cherries I could eat until I'm sick.

This summer cherries were $6 or $7 a pound.

Winter cherries?

I'll take it.

I ate about half of them when we got home and I'm eating the rest right now as part of my breakfast (along with hot chocolate and orange juice and a Nutrigrain bar knock-off).

Why were the cherries such a good price? Is it because I'm living in the south?

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why they are cheaper, but YUM! I love cherries (but not cherry flavored anything... :)

    ReplyDelete