Friday, December 16, 2011

My Future

I saw my future today, and it looked an awful lot like the present.

I don't even have a kid yet and I have a children's song stuck in my head.

Have you ever seen a lassie, a lassie, a lassie
Have you ever seen a lassie go this way and that?
Go this way and that way?
Go this way and that way?
Have you ever seen a lassie go this way and that?

I'm not playing a children's CD or kids pandora station. I haven't even bought/received/own any children's music.

I imagine this increases 10-fold when there is children's music in the house.

**

I had two Christmas 'activities' planned for today. I skipped this morning's because of a lack of sleep from last night. Baby Sjaarda's gets stuck under my ribcage and it really hurts. I probably fell asleep around 12:30. Then got up at 1am and 2am to pee and 6am for the day.

7am found me at the fire station getting the carseat checked for safety. We're good to go!

7:30 found me at the grocery store, without my list, still planning to go to Christmas activity number one. As I sat in the car trying to remember what I needed, I saw several moms with their kids racing into the store, no doubt getting a Christmas party food item for school. I saw in my future.

Scratch that.

I saw my present and future. A modified shopping list, but still knowing full-well that the store is open early enough to wait until the very last minute.




No comments:

Post a Comment